The Parish Council is the first tier of local government. The Parish has two wards: Ramsbury and Axford. The Parish Council comprises fifteen Councillors thirteen of whom represent Ramsbury with two representing Axford, assisted by the Clerk to the Council. The Parish Council is responsible for:
- advising the Wiltshire Council on local Planning issues;
- maintaining the Play Areas and Play Equipment;
- maintaining the various public Rights of Way, and
- managing the provision of various services such as public conveniences, the Nature Reserve, grass cutting, emergency heating & shelter.
Publications (available from the Post Office):
- Short Walks Near the Village of Ramsbury – a glossy folder containing thirteen walks with maps each on a separate card.
- Ramsbury & Axford Men of WW1
Freedom of Information
Details of information and procedures for obtaining it can be downloaded below:
Parish Council Contact Information. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01672 520045
Address: Parish Council Office, Memorial Hall, High Street, Ramsbury, Marlborough Wiltshire, SN8 2PN.
The Parish Council office is staffed on Mondays only.
Wiltshire Council is responsible for services other than those above. Useful links:
- Planning Information Link http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/planninganddevelopment.htm
- Highways Issues such as defective street light and potholes can be reported directly via My Wiltshire Link http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/parkingtransportandstreets/roadshighwaysstreetcare/mywiltshirereport.htm
- Householders’ Guide for Emergencies